Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vintage Suda


Here's an old one. An early Ernie and Suda portrait. I made this image to fit an old frame I was given which once housed a gorgeous Jeff Jones painting. At one point I had real cob webs and dead spiders draped across the frame to add a little atmosphere. Over time those trappings sort of fell away but I still like the idea of customizing a frame to fit a painting. On that front I've still got a few ideas floating around in my skull.
Acrylic 8 X 10

--Starchie

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you actually sell paintings of yours? I would love to own one...

Anonymous said...

You're so creative, never stops surprising me!

Starchie Spudnoggen said...

grammatikarium--
I do post artwork on ebay from time to time. I'll post it here as well next time, at the risk of looking like a blatent self-promoter.

Lois2037 said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Even without the cobwebs and dead spiders, it is so evocative. Wow!

gilau said...

0_o i have to take a look on ebayxD...very expresive, and the frame looks very well, a, and nice photografy too.

Stef Anse said...

I love this combination of a broad old-fashioned frame with our lovely-creepy couple. And even the style of their painting is modern, the colors fit perfectly with their new home.

Belle said...

I am a fan of Suda !!